Good stuff in March Previews

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Royal
Visitor

Good stuff in March Previews

Post by Royal »

Hi everyone,

I had wanted to record a couple of bulbs and send them in to The Guys for the upcoming Previews Spotlight show, but I didn't make the deadline due to getting my copies of Previews a little late.

What I was going to highlight are a couple of releases from presses in the back half. On page 289 Drawn & Quarterly will be bringing back into print Chester Brown's Ed the Happy Clown. This was originally serialized in Brown's offbeat comic book, Yummy Fur in the 1980s, and then collected in 1992 by Vortex Comics...then sadly went out of print. Drawn & Quarterly brought back the serialized sections in 9 installments between 2005-2006, but those are now hard to find. Now they have finally decided to collect everything again into one volume. This is a weird, warped, and wonderful story, filled with offbeat turns, strange sexual scenarios, and scatological humor. Great stuff! Be sure to check it out, as well as the other Chester Brown books that are also listed on page 289.

The other recommendation I was going to make is on page 295, Jaime Hernandez's God and Science: Return of the Ti-Girls. This is Jaime returning to his interests in superhero stories, and parts of this were originally serialized in the first two volumes of Love & Rockets: New Stories. Another great thing about this is that we get a Jaime book, since lately it's been his brother, Gilbert, who has been publishing separate graphic novels. And it's good for me, since I'm editing a collection of Hernandez Brother's interviews, and soon I'm sure to have a few more to add. You can't go wrong with the Hernandez Brothers.

Just something I wanted to throw out there!

Derek
Words Generally Only Spoil Things
http://www.derekroyal.com/?page_id=92