Welcome to the forum / Introduce Yourself

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

hasan459
Passerby

Re: Welcome to the forum / Introduce Yourself

Post by hasan459 »

hi, i am hasan, i love to read comic, specially golden age and silver age. and very glad to be on this forum
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Welcome to the forum
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
hasan459
Passerby

Post by hasan459 »

hi,
i am hasan, i really love to read comic and i am very glad to be on this forum
jrphoenix
Co-Host

Post by jrphoenix »

hasan459 wrote:hi,
i am hasan, i really love to read comic and i am very glad to be on this forum
Hi Hasan.. welcome to the forums. I hope you are enjoying the podcast as well :)

James
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

hasan459 wrote:hi, i am hasan, i love to read comic, specially golden age and silver age. and very glad to be on this forum
Hasan, welcome to the forum.

Let us know what you're reading and give a shoutout to you LCS.

Jason
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

Orius wrote:Hi, my name is Orius. I'm a 28 year old Chinese from Singapore, and I'm also a big Spider-Man fan who grew up on the '90s animated series. Currently, I'm trying to catch up with his books, and I'm up till Amazing Spider-Man #691 at this point (almost reaching the controversial "Superior" arc). I've been writing multiple reviews for his books too, having just finished a lengthy review for "Ends of the Earth" a few days ago (still in the editing process at the moment, however). My next review will be focused on ASM #700.

What else is there to say about me... I love movies and talking about them. My favorite films are psychological thrillers with cool plot twists, or just any creative story that subverts cliches and defies conventions. I'm always on the look out for that.

That's all for now. Feel free to ask any question you might have. Hope to see you around. :)
Dear Orius,

Welcome to the forum.

What other titles are you reading?
If you get a chance, give your LCS a shoutout.

Jason
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

WalshieUK wrote:Finally joined the forum after a few years of listening to the podcast!

Here are my answers to the intro questions...

What is your real name?
Adam

How old are you?

What do you do for a living?
Data analysis and research in the advertising industry...I feel like John is a kindred spirit!

What kinds of comic books do you like?
All sorts - crime, thriller, sci-fi and other genre stuff from the likes of Image and back half publishers. Plus a few superheroes from the big two. Got to mention UK fave and gateway comic 2000AD too.

About how many comic book issues a week/month do you buy?
I've recently cut back due to reading time constraints, but I get around 40 comics per month. This has been over 100 per month at times though.

Do you buy mainly issues, trades, digital?
Issues - just can't read from a screen!

How many do you read every week/month?
All that I buy. So currently about 40 to 50 in an average month.

How long have you been reading comics?
Since my first issue of 2000AD in 1977. Started getting US comics around 1980. So 40 years....these answers are making me feel old!

How long have you been listening to the Comic Book Page podcast?
Around 3 to 4 years I'd guess

Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?)
Nope. Although I do like to listen to the episodes.
Dear Adam,

Welcome to the forum.

Let us know what you're reading and, if you get a chance, give a shoutout to your LCS.

One day, if you get a chance, submit a clip to the Previews Spotlight episode.

Jason
batman497
Passerby

Post by batman497 »

What is your real name? Brian
How old are you? 38
What do you do for a living? teacher
What kinds of comic books do you like? superheroes
About how many comic book issues a week/month do you buy? about 40 per month
Do you buy mainly issues, trades, digital? floppies only
How many do you read every week/month? 15ish
How long have you been reading comics? since 1993 (25 years)
How long have you been listening to the Comic Book Page podcast? 6 months
Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?) no

Surprise surprise! Supermega crossover events and tv/movie tie-ins got me into comics in the early 1990s when I was in middle school (junior high). 89' Batman, Batman TAS, X-Men Animated Series, Death of Superman, and Knightfall were what hooked me. I stopped reading for about 6 months to 1 year when I was in high school but quickly picked the hobby back up. I've read some indie stuff in the past, but I'm a hardcore superhero fan. My favorite characters/franchises are Batman, X-Men, Superman, JLA, Spider-Man, and Avengers. My favorites are Alan Moore (writers), Neal Adams, Andy Kubert, Jim Lee, Bryan Hitch, Ivan Reis (artists), Dark Knight, Miracleman, From Hell, Kingdom Come, and The Authority (stories).
jrphoenix
Co-Host

Post by jrphoenix »

batman497 wrote:What is your real name? Brian
How old are you? 38

Surprise surprise! Supermega crossover events and tv/movie tie-ins got me into comics in the early 1990s when I was in middle school (junior high). 89' Batman, Batman TAS, X-Men Animated Series, Death of Superman, and Knightfall were what hooked me. I stopped reading for about 6 months to 1 year when I was in high school but quickly picked the hobby back up. I've read some indie stuff in the past, but I'm a hardcore superhero fan. My favorite characters/franchises are Batman, X-Men, Superman, JLA, Spider-Man, and Avengers. My favorites are Alan Moore (writers), Neal Adams, Andy Kubert, Jim Lee, Bryan Hitch, Ivan Reis (artists), Dark Knight, Miracleman, From Hell, Kingdom Come, and The Authority (stories).
Hi Brian.. welcome to the forums. I hope you are liking the podcasts as well. I hope you do look at contributing some clips for the previews spotlight. It was shortly after that when I was picked to be the co-host for the weekly comics spotlight.

James
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

batman497 wrote:What is your real name? Brian
How old are you? 38

Brian,
Welcome to the forum.
If you get a chance, give a shoutout to your LCS.
Jason
VikingJoker
Fan

Post by VikingJoker »

Hello CBP forum!

What is your real name?
Marvin

How old are you?

Data management in health care industry

Everything. DC heavy reading list since Rebirth. Skip most Marvel except X-men and Daredevil (supplemented with Marvel Unlimited). Various Image - Gideon Falls, Oblivion Song, Skyward, Maestros, etc.. Almost anything by Ellis or Ennis.

I purchase between 60-80 floppies a month. If my wife asks, I'm cutting back. :)

Primarily floppies, but also Marvel Unlimited.

I will read everything I buy...eventually. I'm current on many books, but I tend to let mini series collect and read in one sitting.

Since the early 80s. My first comic was Justice League #200 - a book I still own. Thanks Grandma! I've collected on and off through out the years.

One episode.

No, but I just got here, so who knows.
Jasandyc
Visitor

Post by Jasandyc »

Hi, guys. I've been listening to the podcasts for a while now, and I figured I'd get a little more involved. I'll just answer the questions:

What is your real name? Jason
How old are you? 45
What do you do for a living? Custodian at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
What kinds of comic books do you like? Geez, what kind of comics do I not like? I used to be a complete Marvel Zombie, but I've begun gravitating more towards horror and sci-fi titles from Image, IDW, as well as the New Age of Heroes from DC. The X-Titles are still number one for me, though.
About how many comic book issues a week/month do you buy? I'm buying around 60-70 new comics a month, plus back issues
Do you buy mainly issues, trades, digital? I buy almost all single issues, plus 1-2 trades per month
How many do you read every week/month? I (try to) read all my new comics per month, plus as many back issues as I can make it through
How long have you been reading comics? I started reading comics on March 13, 1986. On my thirteenth, my aunt gave me a three pack of Marvels containing Transformers #1-3
How long have you been listening to the Comic Book Page podcast? About two years, I think
Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?) I have not. I plan to in the future, though

I also want to thank John Mayo for devoting all the time he does to doing all this for his fellow collectors. I can't imagine the amount of time he invests, but it is greatly appreciated.

Jason C.
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

VikingJoker wrote:Hello CBP forum!

What is your real name?
Marvin

How old are you?

Data management in health care industry

Everything. DC heavy reading list since Rebirth. Skip most Marvel except X-men and Daredevil (supplemented with Marvel Unlimited). Various Image - Gideon Falls, Oblivion Song, Skyward, Maestros, etc.. Almost anything by Ellis or Ennis.

I purchase between 60-80 floppies a month. If my wife asks, I'm cutting back. :)

Primarily floppies, but also Marvel Unlimited.

I will read everything I buy...eventually. I'm current on many books, but I tend to let mini series collect and read in one sitting.

Since the early 80s. My first comic was Justice League #200 - a book I still own. Thanks Grandma! I've collected on and off through out the years.

One episode.

No, but I just got here, so who knows.

Dear Marvin,

Welcome to the forum.
If you get a chance, let us know what your reading on Marvel Unlimited.
And, if you get a chance, give a shoutout to your LCS.
And when your ready to send in a clip to the Previews Spotlight episode, have fun making the clip.

Jason
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

Jasandyc wrote:Hi, guys. I've been listening to the podcasts for a while now, and I figured I'd get a little more involved. I'll just answer the questions:

What is your real name? Jason
How old are you? 45
What do you do for a living? Custodian at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
What kinds of comic books do you like? Geez, what kind of comics do I not like? I used to be a complete Marvel Zombie, but I've begun gravitating more towards horror and sci-fi titles from Image, IDW, as well as the New Age of Heroes from DC. The X-Titles are still number one for me, though.
About how many comic book issues a week/month do you buy? I'm buying around 60-70 new comics a month, plus back issues
Do you buy mainly issues, trades, digital? I buy almost all single issues, plus 1-2 trades per month
How many do you read every week/month? I (try to) read all my new comics per month, plus as many back issues as I can make it through
How long have you been reading comics? I started reading comics on March 13, 1986. On my thirteenth, my aunt gave me a three pack of Marvels containing Transformers #1-3
How long have you been listening to the Comic Book Page podcast? About two years, I think
Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?) I have not. I plan to in the future, though

I also want to thank John Mayo for devoting all the time he does to doing all this for his fellow collectors. I can't imagine the amount of time he invests, but it is greatly appreciated.

Jason C.
Dear Jason,
Welcome to the forum.
If you get a chance, give a shoutout to your LCS in Rochester, Minnesota.
And let us know what back issues are you picking up.
Also, when your ready, submit a clip to the Previews Spotlight episode. And had fun recording your recommendations.

Jason
VikingJoker
Fan

Post by VikingJoker »

If you get a chance, let us know what your reading on Marvel Unlimited.
And, if you get a chance, give a shoutout to your LCS.
My current MU reading list is the history of X-23 (roughly based on this list). I'm currently on Uncanny X-men #450 in that pursuit (although this issue is not specifically listed on the aforementioned list).

Because of the number of books that I order and the discount offered, I use use a mail order solution for the majority of my books (not sure what the rules are, so I won't shout out).

When I head to a store, I go to Legends Comics and Games or Heroes Comics and Cards. I wish I had a better relationship with a LCS and staff. I miss that from years ago (RIP Cutting Edge Comics), but the cost is prohibitive. Actually, that's why I started listening to the podcast and then registered for the forums. I'm seeking some community since neither my wife or adult friends share my comic book interest and I no longer have the LCS hang, which enhances the overall comic book experience.