Welcome to the forum / Introduce Yourself

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Re: Welcome to the forum / Introduce Yourself

Post by MrAloha »

Dear Dan,

Welcome to the forum.

If you get a chance, please submit a clip on your favorite Marvel comic in future Preview Spotlight Episodes.

Nice art work!

Aloha!
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

Amazing work Dan!
ThanosXInfinity
Passerby

Post by ThanosXInfinity »

Hey everyone, Thanos here! Pleasure to meet you all. Can't wait to engage with my fellow comic book enthusiasts. I am a fan of Marvel, DC, Image, Vertigo, Top Cow, and various Indie Publishers so I believe I'll have a nice amount to contribute.

Cheers! [WebWiz16]
Thanos, Eternal Servant of Mistress Death | God of Death
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

ThanosXInfinity wrote:Hey everyone, Thanos here! Pleasure to meet you all. Can't wait to engage with my fellow comic book enthusiasts. I am a fan of Marvel, DC, Image, Vertigo, Top Cow, and various Indie Publishers so I believe I'll have a nice amount to contribute.

Cheers! [WebWiz16]
Dear Thanos,

Welcome to the forum!

If you get a chance, please submit clips to future Previews Spotlight Episodes. We would love hear what your reading.

Aloha!
NicksPicks
Reviewer

Post by NicksPicks »

Welcome aboard, Thanos! Please keep Mistress Death to yourself, but your thoughts on all things comic books are most welcome!
Last edited by NicksPicks on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I read comic books for fun.
WalshieUK
Visitor

Post by WalshieUK »

Finally joined the forum after a few years of listening to the podcast!

Here are my answers to the intro questions...

What is your real name?
Adam

How old are you?

What do you do for a living?
Data analysis and research in the advertising industry...I feel like John is a kindred spirit!

What kinds of comic books do you like?
All sorts - crime, thriller, sci-fi and other genre stuff from the likes of Image and back half publishers. Plus a few superheroes from the big two. Got to mention UK fave and gateway comic 2000AD too.

About how many comic book issues a week/month do you buy?
I've recently cut back due to reading time constraints, but I get around 40 comics per month. This has been over 100 per month at times though.

Do you buy mainly issues, trades, digital?
Issues - just can't read from a screen!

How many do you read every week/month?
All that I buy. So currently about 40 to 50 in an average month.

How long have you been reading comics?
Since my first issue of 2000AD in 1977. Started getting US comics around 1980. So 40 years....these answers are making me feel old!

How long have you been listening to the Comic Book Page podcast?
Around 3 to 4 years I'd guess

Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?)
Nope. Although I do like to listen to the episodes.
NicksPicks
Reviewer

Post by NicksPicks »

Welcome Adam. I'm not quite as seasoned in the hobby as you are yet, but it sounds like those years have probably given you a lot of comic enjoyment. Welcome to the forum! If you want to jump all in, swing on over to the Previews Spotlight thread, and pick a title to promote in this month's episode. Cheers!
I read comic books for fun.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

NicksPicks wrote:Welcome Adam. I'm not quite as seasoned in the hobby as you are yet, but it sounds like those years have probably given you a lot of comic enjoyment. Welcome to the forum! If you want to jump all in, swing on over to the Previews Spotlight thread, and pick a title to promote in this month's episode. Cheers!
yes indeed - welcome aboard adam
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
WhenItWasCool
Passerby

Post by WhenItWasCool »

Hello! My name is Karl. I literally learned to read on comic books in the mid-1970s on titles like The Defenders, The Incredible Hulk, Justice League, and such. I have continued to read and collect comics since then. I am also a big G.I. Joe collector and Star Wars fan. I also enjoy Moon Knight, having read every known appearance of him up until the current era.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

WhenItWasCool wrote:I also enjoy Moon Knight, having read every known appearance of him up until the current era.
AWESOME - big MK fan here - I have compulsively purchased, read, and sold every MK comic appearance a couple times over, resisting the urge to get into statues and original art...but it calls to me - welcome aboard to the forum; check out slack channel it's fun too (and a bit more responsive)
Orius
Passerby

Post by Orius »

Hi, my name is Orius. I'm a 28 year old Chinese from Singapore, and I'm also a big Spider-Man fan who grew up on the '90s animated series. Currently, I'm trying to catch up with his books, and I'm up till Amazing Spider-Man #691 at this point (almost reaching the controversial "Superior" arc). I've been writing multiple reviews for his books too, having just finished a lengthy review for "Ends of the Earth" a few days ago (still in the editing process at the moment, however). My next review will be focused on ASM #700.

What else is there to say about me... I love movies and talking about them. My favorite films are psychological thrillers with cool plot twists, or just any creative story that subverts cliches and defies conventions. I'm always on the look out for that.

That's all for now. Feel free to ask any question you might have. Hope to see you around. :)
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Orius wrote:Hi, my name is Orius. I'm a 28 year old Chinese from Singapore, and I'm also a big Spider-Man fan who grew up on the '90s animated series. Currently, I'm trying to catch up with his books, and I'm up till Amazing Spider-Man #691 at this point (almost reaching the controversial "Superior" arc). I've been writing multiple reviews for his books too, having just finished a lengthy review for "Ends of the Earth" a few days ago (still in the editing process at the moment, however). My next review will be focused on ASM #700.

What else is there to say about me... I love movies and talking about them. My favorite films are psychological thrillers with cool plot twists, or just any creative story that subverts cliches and defies conventions. I'm always on the look out for that.

That's all for now. Feel free to ask any question you might have. Hope to see you around. :)
Welcome to the forum-did you see Get Out? Not sure if you count that as psychological thriller
Orius
Passerby

Post by Orius »

drew wrote:
Orius wrote:Hi, my name is Orius. I'm a 28 year old Chinese from Singapore, and I'm also a big Spider-Man fan who grew up on the '90s animated series. Currently, I'm trying to catch up with his books, and I'm up till Amazing Spider-Man #691 at this point (almost reaching the controversial "Superior" arc). I've been writing multiple reviews for his books too, having just finished a lengthy review for "Ends of the Earth" a few days ago (still in the editing process at the moment, however). My next review will be focused on ASM #700.

Welcome to the forum-did you see Get Out? Not sure if you count that as psychological thriller
Oh yes, it does count. And yes, I did see it. It was amazing. I loved it. It's not just very creative and clever, it gives the horror genre a much-needed diversity, and I'm not talking about race or gender here, but the kind of psychological plot this movie has. It's rare nowadays to have a horror movie that makes you ponder upon what you were horrified by.

Good call. :) Thanks for the welcome!
jrphoenix
Co-Host

Post by jrphoenix »

Welcome to the forums Orius. Nice to meet you. I love Spider-man too. I really loved the Superior Spider-man story arc! I have been right across the waterway from Singapore once in Johor in Malaysia. My wife is from Sabah, Malaysia originally :)
Orius
Passerby

Post by Orius »

jrphoenix wrote:

Welcome to the forums Orius. Nice to meet you. I love Spider-man too. I really loved the Superior Spider-man story arc! I have been right across the waterway from Singapore once in Johor in Malaysia. My wife is from Sabah, Malaysia originally :)
Ah, a neighbor then. Hi there!

I haven't got to the Superior arc yet (almost there), but I haven't heard that many good things about how it originated - the #700 of Amazing Spider-Man, I mean. Still preparing myself to write a critical review of that story, heh.

Oh well. It might be good for all I know.