Questions for the Monthly Comics Spotlights

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Xmanpatrick
Visitor

Re: Questions for the Monthly Comics Spotlights

Post by Xmanpatrick »

What's up guys! I. Kind of caught up with some titles.
1. Are you reading TMNT Last Ronin Lost Years? Did ya like it?
2. Read Supermassive. Haven't read any of the other books. Seems interesting but feel they should have fixed the 2 with the same power. How does the other survive during hordes? I know they say duck and cover but c'mon.
3. Did they really kill off the Punisher or will he be back?
4. Talking about killing off characters, when do you expect Kamala to be "resurrected"? I figured right around when the movie comes out and she is a "mutant". Lame but your milage may vary.
5. Diamond loses another huge company. Do they survive after this year? They are still printed in the diamond book but losing more and more premier publishers.
6. If you were to make a comic:
A. Would you try to publish yourself?
B. Who would you reach out to for art?
C. How many covers you putting out? Lol
D. Diamond, lunar or Penguin for distribution? Or online like indiegogo or Kickstarter?
I have seen so many new publishers come and go just in the last few years.
Thank you for the podcast. I seriously listen to it multiple times a week. Keeps me in the know.
JasonZ
Fan

Post by JasonZ »

How did you guys feel about Stargirl #6 and the overall story.

Did you feel like Avengers War Across Time stuck the ending and would you recommend the series?

Did Joe Fixit series end well James? Was it a fun nostalgic ride by Peter David?

Did you like We Are Scarlet Twilight #1 John? Will you be getting the rest of the series?

Were there any standouts that you were looking forward to reading from FCBD?
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

• I know John is a big fan of Star Trek and James is a big fan of Conan. I was wondering what are some properties you’d be interested in reading that either have not been adapted into comics or once were but aren’t currently.
  • Is there a cover price point in which you would decline purchasing a comic, despite wanting to read it? Feel free to mention you get yours at a discount.
  • What are some of your favorite evergreen comics / stories that you recommend to other readers?
NicksPicks
Reviewer

Post by NicksPicks »

- Do you have a space or spaces you so your routine comic book reading? James, how do you physically read your omnibuses?

- Following onto Brallinator's question - John, what makes a good Star Trek comic? Realistic looking characters? Dialogue sounds authentic to the shows? Settings reminiscent of your favorite episodes? Done-in-one like a TV episode? Usage of future tech? Alien races?

- Mike Meyers and Drew recently discussed the "DC Challenge" and "Kamandi Challenge" books. Do you like these as a concept? Are we due for another DC jam book or one from Marvel? What character would you like to see get their own freewheeling adventure by the best of the Big Two creators?
I read comic books for fun.
JasonZ
Fan

Post by JasonZ »

Hey guys, I wanted to ask about what are commonly referred to as the pillar titles in both DC Comics and Marvel Comics, specifically Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Detective Comics, Action Comics, Batman and Superman. Can you go through each title individually and talk about what made you drop these long running titles? (I know Avengers now has a new creative team but previous to that).

Did you like Warlock Rebirth? Does it feel like the 99’s version of the character?

James, what did you think about the monstrous Moon Knight # 25 that had a bigger spine then a trade paperback?
How was Moon Knight City of the Dead?
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

Please see updated list of questions below.
Last edited by doctormo on Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

1. Did the first month if the Fall of X storyline work for you? Could you please share which titles you read?

2. What are your thoughts on the third issue of Ultimate Invasion?

3. Do you plan on getting Jonathan Hickman’s new title Marvel title G.O.D.S.?

4. What does DC Comics need to do in order to get you re-engaged after the 2-month break due to Knight Terrors?
JonAbele
Passerby

Post by JonAbele »

4.99 - seems like it is becoming the norm - I am cutting - aiming for 25%. Seems sad to ask it in a comic-loving forum like this but I have a question for the next Q&A - what is your comic book cutting strategy? I plan to stick to main titles that I know will remain ongoing and generally have strong creators. I plan to cut mini-series and peripheral characters that I know won’t last long anyway. I know this doesn’t help push the boundaries of the medium, but I gotta to something to keep the budget in line.
NicksPicks
Reviewer

Post by NicksPicks »

Here's a question about collected editions or graphic novels. When you buy them, are you buying them to read once or twice and then get rid of them? Or do you buy them with the intention of filling a bookshelf collection? I'm pretty sure you both keep your single issues.
I read comic books for fun.
comicfreak
Visitor

Post by comicfreak »

Hello guys,
I've got several general questions about comics:
  • With the amount of comics you guys order, does reading them become more of a chore? And do you enjoy them or is it "Onto the next comic"?
  • How do you keep track of the stories? Do you ever reread comics or stories? Do you keep notes?
  • Where do you keep them? I don't have nearly as much as you and I seem to be running out of space, so I can imagine how it is with you guys.
  • I've sometime have trouble deciding what to get/try? Do you have the same problem and how do you decide this?
  • Maybe this question has been asked, but what is you pricelimit for a single comic? Mine is 3,99 and for 4,99 I have to really think about if I really want this
  • With work, sleep and all the other entertainment: Movies, Television series, Games (on- and offline), Family and friends, where do you guys find the time to read all the comics?
And now a specific questions for John which also maybe have been asked/answered before:
  • Why Power Rangers and all Power Ranger related comics, books, movies, series?
  • If I'm correct I see in your weekly comic shipments you get the "A" cover of your comics and not a variant?
JasonZ
Fan

Post by JasonZ »

Hey James, I would like to hear your overall take on Conan The Barbarian #5-8, especially how Issue 8 ended. I was a bit disappointed with the ending as I thought the first few issues of 5 and 6 had a great premise and storyline going and it was unclear what had happened. I also want to hear what you thought of Savage Sword of Conan #1, both the content and the physical paper quality and if you had any problems seeing the details of some of the panels.